My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My DaD


well he's not my dad but he is my dad-in-law and Chuck Nelson is a pretty great guy. the first time i met him was at the detroit airport a couple days after christmas. he was picking me up and we were going to have an hour long drive together before we got to the house. James was obviously a little nervous but he had nothing to fear. i was hooked and nothing Chuck said could scare me away. (thank goodness there was a beautiful ring waiting for me that night) that's not to say Chuck didn't try. but in his defense he actually parked the truck and came in to find me at baggage claim and get me and all my stuff to howell safely (which has never occured in the history of Chuck Nelson, he's more of a curbside kind of guy). i learned a lot on that car ride. i learned just how scared James was of his dad's ability to scare me away. i learned that Chuck loves his wife and kids very much. i learned that Chuck will say whatever he is thinking and he's not worried about what anyone else thinks. i have learned over time that he is a good man who loves all of his kids (step or not) and will do anything for them. i know he is a man of faith and that even though it is hard for him to share his feelings they run deep. i am grateful for the example he has been to James since James was young boy. i'm grateful for his get it done attitude. between my father, father-in-law, husband and brother there are only 2 names. James and Charles. each of these men continuously makes those names proud. I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you and James found each other and that you are in our family. Chuck sure is a curbside guy and I was shocked that he actually paid for parking and went in to get you. He doesn't like to pay for parking, lol. He usually parks at the curb for Taylor and I. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post for your father in law! i am super blessed to have amazing in-laws too, & am so grateful for how they raised my husband :)

    thanks for commenting on my blog. to answer your question about what car we REALLY wanted, we wanted to replace our prius with a newer prius. but brand new ones take a three month waiting list to buy because japan isn't making them again yet & that makes the used ones crazy expensive (just as expensive as the new ones.)

    then, when we decided we couldn't wait three months for a new prius, we decided we wanted a different trim of the optima we ended up buying, but couldn't find it. we settled for one that cost a few thousand dollars less but didn't have quite as many cool options as we wanted. we're happy with the money we saved in the bank though!! :)

    (wow... i just wrote a novel. sorry!)

    ReplyDelete