My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My DaD


i have a really cute dad. he has always been there for every major and minor event in my life. i know it wasn't in his plan but he made an excellent wedding planner for my wedding. he had the time and my mom expertly put him to work. but he also planned and made a beautiful cedar chest for me that even my mom didn't know about until they were loading the car to come down to utah for the wedding. we was my shoulder to lean on and fall asleep on watching tv. he took me to every piano lesson practically and taught me to drive. he was there for every temple trip and every graduation. he has been protective and supportive. he not only moved me to utah but he came the next year to help me and kristina move apartments. bringing a new to us coach and kitchen table with him. but most importantly he has been a rock in his commitment to my mother, our family and the gospel. he does what is asked of him, he sustains his priesthood leaders. i've watched him work long hours and then head off to meetings night after night to do what the Lord has asked him. when i was getting ready to leave on my mission he was the one giving the advice that kept me going and even got me out there. he is a great dad. i feel so blessed to have him in my life. he set the bar high for the man i would marry and i'm very blessed to have met a man that can give my dad a run for his money in being the world's best dad. James is going to be an amazing dad one day when we are blessed to have some special spirits in our home.

3 comments: