My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

fRiDaY cOnFeSsIoNaL

I know its Saturday, I just didn't get home till after 8 last night (no good dead goes unpunished) and wasn't up for blogging. At least I'm blogging more regularly now right? So here it goes.....

I CONFESS:
*My heart is broken for all of the people of Japan.
*I love Japan so much that when I hear Japanese it is relaxing to me and when I see pictures and movies I feel completely homesick. Even more homesick than for Washington.
*I know crazy right, its not the most beautiful language in the World but it soothes my soul. I may not (probably not) be able to understand everything they are saying now, but the rhythm of their speech reduces my stress. I know its weird.
*I love Japanese food. All of it pretty much. OK those little dried fishes with the eyes that they would sell in bulk are not my favorite. I even loved Nato, which is fermented soy beans, and it smells like garbage but it grows on you and I love it and its really good for you. You all have to love me, ok!
*I cried at work yesterday as I saw footage of the tsunami. and the thought of how scary a 8.9 magnitude earthquake would have been. I cried as I saw the wave of water come up and cover the airport and wash away farms.
*I am also very grateful that we know that all the missionaries are safe in Japan. I was worried about all the Moms and Dads waiting for word of their "frozen chosen" in Sendai.
*I have been unable to stay in contact with several people in Japan that mean a lot to me. I hope and pray that they and their families are safe during this time.

Ja ne,
oyasuminasai!

No comments:

Post a Comment