My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

SuNdAy InSpIrAtIoN

in preparing my lesson for sunday school today, i came across a quote from elder neal a. maxwell. i love elder maxwell and i miss his talks every general conference. i got a book a few years back that is a 10lb book of quotes of elder maxwell's and i love them. here is the quote i found helpful to me in some things i've been struggling with lately.

Love is never wasted, for its value does not rest upon reciprocity.

for those of you who have felt the sting of a lost friendship or a lost love, this quote is for you. i was reminded by it that we gain much by loving even when it is not returned to us. and sometimes i think there is a very valuable lesson to be learned in loving someone, caring about someone, who cannot or chooses to not love you back. its softens our hearts and gives us a glimpse of what our heavenly father and savior experience. they love us no matter what, but sometimes, some of us or all of us for brief moments don't return that love to them.

recently i have been feeling that my love of an old friend has been wasted. that years of time spent together and tears and laughs shared was of no consequence. but this reminded me that although things have changed in that relationship that love is not wasted still. and continuing to care about is her is not a waste of my time.

1 comment:

  1. I love Elder Neal Maxwell too. I have felt the sting of a lost friendship. Even after all these year I still miss our friendship.I am so glad I read this post. It cheered me up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete