My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

DuKe GaRdEnS

Two weeks ago Mackenzie was in town and we took the opportunity to show her Duke Gardens and Duke Chapel (more to follow on Duke Chapel). Duke Gardens is a free to visit and sits in the middle of campus. Its beautiful with many different types of gardens. We only had time to visit two of them and of course I wanted to go to the Asian garden. All of it was beautiful and I'll let them do most of the talking....

I'm totally in love with these tall, spindly, Dr. Seuss like flowers. I took a lot of pictures of them.
The little yellow buds are called Skullcaps!
From the Terrace Gardens to the Asiatic Arboretum, can we say "homesick"?
This is the Japanese version of gutters. The water drips down the cups and chains to the ground.
The bamboo gardens helped to reaffirm my growing love for this wood. I think I could have a house with only bamboo for the floors and cabinets.

2 comments:

  1. Cari it was so fun spending the day with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you here. I wish you could come more often!

    ReplyDelete